- 1 head cauliflower broken into even sized florets
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sunbutter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown or coconut palm sugar
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place cauliflower florets, red onion and garbanzo beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepepr. Toss everything well to coat. Roast for 30 min or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
While the veggies are roasting combine the sunbutter, water, tamari sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger and siracha in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the sauce stirring until the sunbutter is melted, about 2 min.
Place the veggies in a serving bowl, pour the sauce over, and toss to coat. Add the cilantro and stir to combine.
Can be served warm, at room temperature or cold.