- 2 1/2 – 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small to medium yellow bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 small to medium green bell pepper, diced fine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning (mint, lemon, basil, oregano mix)
- 2 scallions (spring onions) sliced- white and light green sections
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
When the quinoa is almost done, heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, yellow and green pepper; and stir over medium heat until slightly softened. Add in the mushrooms. Season with sea salt, and ground pepper, to taste. Add the Greek seasoning. Stir and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
Add the quinoa to the mushroom-pepper mixture. Add in the sliced scallions. Stir to combine. Squeeze fresh lemon juice all over the quinoa and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat the quinoa.
Taste test and add more salt or seasoning if it needs it.
Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, if desired.
This made a good amount for four jars.
Adapted from Gluten Free Goddess