- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 c. GF vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot, diced or equivalent amount in yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tb sundried tomatoes
- 1 Tb capers
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
- toasted pinenuts, optional
In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 Tb olive oil on medium heat until warmed. Place the shallots, garlic, and thyme inside and saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
Place 1/2 the can of beans and vegetable broth into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
With an immersion blender (or if you do not have one, use a regular blender), gently blend all of the contents together in the pot until creamy and smooth.
Add grated cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, remainder beans, and spinach. Cover with a lid and allow to heat through for a good 5 minutes.
Add the capers before you serve and garnish with toasted pinenuts. This serves two. I doubled it to make jar lunches for the week.
Adapted from Fork and Beans