- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons GF soy sauce or liquid aminos, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
Whisk peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and vinegar in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften and brown in spots, about 6 minutes.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon soy sauce to the pan along with bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper has softened and the liquid has evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the reserved peanut sauce and season with crushed red pepper. Garnish with peanuts.