- 1 sweet or red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- Half a cabbage- green or purple- sliced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- A few green beans, whole, trimmed
- A portobello mushroom or two, sliced or cut up
- Lots of garlic, several whole or minced cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup natural apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon agave, honey or brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Wash and cut toss them in a large baking pan.
Toss the vegetables into a large roasting pan. Season the veggies with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Make cider roasting sauce. Stir to blend. Pour the sauce over the veggies, toss well to coat. Sprinkle with warming spices, if you like. Curry, nutmeg, a touch of cinnamon, some thyme. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes- or until the veggies are tender, to your liking. Stir the vegetables a couple of times or so while cooking.